Thursday, July 11, 2013

Responsible Pet Ownership

 We, as people who love and respect animals need to continue to promote responsible pet ownership.  By that I mean people who keep animals in a way that mirrors their natural habitat to the best of our ability.  I had a very supportive family who understood my love of animals and that it was part of my identity, who I am as a person. 
I was at a school, a few years ago with a little Downs boy who was very frightened of all animals.  After he met Bubba, I asked him if he wanted to ride Bubba. To my surprise, he said yes, and did ride and he couldn't wipe the smile off of his face! I gave him a Bubba Book and he gave me a hug, which made my day. All kids, especially ones who lack confidence, have fears or special needs kids, enjoy taking care of an animal. It is a hands on learning experience that teaches responsibility and may fulfill that child. It is a fact that when animals
are brought into senior citizen homes, hospitals, schools and such, that these experiences with animals are very uplifting to the human spirit.  They benefit from us and we from them.

No comments:

Post a Comment