Wednesday, July 17, 2013

The Beauty of the Individual

   Our perceptions regarding animals are all different.  TV and media make animals out to be something other than they are. Media seems to be bent on sensationalism and negativity about animal and human relationships.  We seldom hear the extraordinary stories of special animals and their passionate caretakers.  I have always viewed everyone and everything as an individual rather than a group.  How many times have we heard "it's a dangerous animal" from the most dangerous animal on the planet, "humans"? There are always exceptions to everything in nature. 
   For instance, one of the most touching stories I have ever known is of "Christian the Lion". Other examples are "Brutus the Bear" and "Pocho the Crocodile and his caretaker, "Chito" from Costa Rica. These are 3 stories of unique individuals that were cared for and loved by very special people.  I have had 2 incredible relationships with my first alligator, Bubba and now with his counterpart alligator, Bubba II, the legend continues. You can check youtube.com to view these stories and also to view my Bubba with Steve Irwin and Kelly Ripa from the Regis & Kelly show. It will show you that this individual can work with anyone because he is SO unique! 
     We can't let political correctness and the danger, danger mantra stop the learning and exploration of so many wonderful, magnificent animals. We never hear about the responsible pet caretakers, explorers and animal pioneers in the news.  There are so many great people doing great work and study in sanctuaries and rescue facilities. If I would have listened to all the people that told me, what I have accomplished is "impossible", I would have missed the awesome experiences I have had through my passion for reptiles. I would have missed 36 years of smiles and the enjoyment of teaching all the kids and people that have been touched by my program.
   

No comments:

Post a Comment